Australia ranks among the top destinations that have the highest pay for pharmacists. This is one of the major reasons why pharmacists all across the world migrate to Australia in search of better pay and better career opportunities.
This type of visa is available to healthcare professionals who have passed the healthcare exam. For example, if you are a pharmacist and have completed the KAPS exam and English requirements, you can apply for any of these visas if you meet the requirements.
There are a total of 5 VISA types that can be your gateway to enter Australia.
- General Skilled Migration Visa under subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated Visa)
- subclass 491 (Regional Sponsored Visa),
- subclass 482 (Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa) and
- subclass 494 (Skilled employer-sponsored regional Visa
- Subclass 407 (Training visa).
In our previous blog, we explored subclass 190 visas; in this blog, we will discuss subclass 491 visas.
To become a pharmacist in Australia, you need to follow a step-by-step procedure that will help you pursue your dream of becoming a registered immigrant pharmacist.
Overseas Pharmacists’ steps involved to Migrate Australia
Please read the following if you wish to learn more about the retail or hospital pharmacist migration process to Australia in 2023.
In this blog we are going to discuss permanent resident visa subclass 190, rest of the visa subclass discusses in separate blogs.
Pharmacists Can Apply subclass 491 regional Visa?
- The Knowledge Assessment of Pharmaceutical Sciences (KAPS) exam must be passed. After passing KAPS, the candidate will obtain a skills assessment letter from the Australian Pharmacy Council. Based on this document, you can file an EOI for a subclass 190 visa in the state where you intend to practise, migrate, and settle in Australia.
- English requirements.
Subclass 491 Visa processing time
On average 3-6 months.
Subclass 491 visa (Regional Sponsored Visa)
The new skilled work regional 491 visa (Subclass 491 Visa) is a provisional visa that enables all skilled workers to live, pursue education, and work in appointed areas of Australia and their families. This visa is valid for a tenure of 5 years.
This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia
- stay in Australia for 5 years
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time your visa is granted
- be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or an eligible relative must sponsor you
- have an occupation on a relevant state skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation (KAPS exam passed)
- be invited to apply (invited by the state/eligible relative)
- satisfy the points test (minimum 65 points need including 15 points from state sponsorship)
- Need to have competent English
- Need to have good health and character
- Your age should be under 45 years.
You need to provide all the supporting documents for the information provided in your EOI:
There is a requirement of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Skills assessment
- Evidence for financial dependency
- Adoption papers (case specific)
- Medical reports addressing the condition of the applicant
The following are the documents associated with your claims on EOI that you need to provide:
If you have a sponsor, then your sponsor needs to provide the following:
- Age proof (18 years and above)
- Declaration by your sponsor
- Proof of being an eligible relative
- Permanent residency proof
Subclass 491 Visa Fee
|Subclass 491 visa||Fess AUD|
|Main applicant fee||$4240 AUD|
|Dependents fee||-$2120 AUD (Applicable for 18 years and above) |
-$1060 AUD (Applicable for 18 years and below)
Family members who seek for a visa must be in good health and have a moral personality.
Working as an overseas pharmacist in Australia is a demanding yet rewarding option. You need to be thorough with your roadmap to ace the exam and pursue your career as a pharmacist.
Academically.ai helps pharmacists aspiring to pursue their dream of working as a pharmacists abroad. Academically helps you prepare for the KAPS exam while also guiding you through-and-through with the registration and interview processes.
Academically provide the online KAPS exam coaching, please visit.
WhatsApp – +61424592852
More information about the Subclass 491 visa, please visit homeaffairs website.
Note: To the best of our ability, we give all information in a correct manner, although errors are possible. We cannot guarantee that this information is accurate, complete, or current.