Which university is cheapest in Australia for international students?
Master of public health is mostly a coursework program that spans for about one – two years
in full-time study and two to five years in a part-time program.
In most universities in Australia, masters in public health have three components:
- The core course component which is about six to eight subjects depending on the program structure of the institution
- The specialist/elective components where students focus on their specialization and develop the skills required to work in their chosen public health field.
- The capstone subjects which offer the student the opportunity to apply what they have learned across the core subjects and specialization/elective subjects in real-world projects. The experience component may take the form of a research project with an expert in the field, a practice placement with a recognized organization or selective subjects.
Most international students specialize in one or more of the following key areas areIndigenous Health, Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs, Health Promotion and DiseasePrevention, Nutrition, Aging, Primary Care, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Sexual Health,Gender and Women’s Health, Global Health, Health Program Evaluation, Health Economics& Economic Evaluation, Indigenous Health, as well as Health Social Sciences.
The basic eligibility criteria that needs to meet when planning to study in Australia is as
Successful completion of Australian bachelor’s degree or overseas equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (BPharm/PharmD)
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine (MBBS/MD/MS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in AYUSH system
- Bachelor’s degree in Dentistry
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Bsc/BA/BCom etc.
- Any other bachelor’s degree
- English Language proficiency along with its proof.
Academically offer admission in MPH, see details given below:
6.5 overall score
(with a minimum
score of 6.0 in all bands
Universities offering this program:
Master of public health (Mph) programmes are available at many universities, but Australian
Catholic University (ACU) is one of the most economical, and it is highly recommended if
you are seeking for an affordable way to study in Australia. If you want to study at an
institution other than ACU, we can assist you get into MPH programmes at any Australian
Student Visa and benefits to study in Australia
International students admitted into the Master of Public Health programme on a full-time
basis are eligible to apply for an Australian student visa (subclass 500). You may bring your
family (spouse and children), live with you, and work in Australia because they have full
After completing the MPh programme in Australia, students can obtain a two to four year
work visa (subclass 485 visa).
Documents Required to get admission in Master of Public Health (MPh):
Along with your applications you are required to submit the following documents:
- Transcripts – Transcripts showing full details of subjects and grades offered in the previous institution(s) are required.
- Photocopies – Photocopies of all official certificates.
- Certified copies of evidence of course completion if not included on the Transcript
- One-three letter of recommendations (LORs)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency (if applicable)
- Course-specific required documents
- Resume/ CV
- A copy of the passport or photo page of the passport.
- Financial Statements (not necessary)
- Statement of purpose
The most common type of organization to be employed in post-graduation are:
- Non-Government Organizations
- Government affiliated organizations,
- Universities and Research Institutions
- Private companies.
The career opportunities after completing the Master of Public Health course in Australia are
vast. You can get employed in health sectors as a Public Health Specialist, Epidemiologists,
Medical and Health Services Manager, Health Coordinator, and equivalent designations.
With a Master of Public Health degree from Australia, you can earn salaries around 68,000-
147,000 AUD per annum.
Can I apply for PR after completing master’s in Public Health in Australia?
Based on the current situation, you cannot simply obtain PR in Australia after completing
your MPh. However, if you plan on completing a PhD or research following your Masters,
things may fall into place. Most International MPh graduates in Australia are still trying to
find work years after graduation or are working odd jobs since they have not yet obtained
permanent status. Even if you are fortunate enough to find a job after completing your
master’s degree in public health, it is difficult to designate oneself for a skilled occupation.
You may apply if you hold the position listed below and have 2-3 years of experience.
- Health Promotion Officer
- Community Health Worker
- Health Educator
What is the easiest job to get PR in Australia?
The best way to obtain permanent residency in Australia is to take an exam to become a licenced healthcare practitioner in Australia; if you pass the exam, you may be granted permanent status within 6 months.
Academically assisting international healthcare professionals to finish the A-Z process of becoming a registered practitioner and obtaining permanent residency in Australia. Academically, several courses are available, such as KAPS exam preparation for abroad qualified pharmacists seeking to come to Australia and get a PR visa, NCLEX exam for trained overseas nurses to migrate to Australia, Canada, and the United States; AIMS exam for medical laboratory technicians to migrate to Australia; and AMC exam for medical graduates (MBBS/MD/MS) to become registered doctors in Australia and obtain permanent residency. The ADC exam is for dentists who want to move to Australia, and the Physiotherapist Written Assessment Exam is for physiotherapists who want to get registered in Australia. DHA exam for Dubai, PEBC exam, clinical research, and English proficiency test (IELTS/PTE/OET) are some of the other courses available.
Have any question? Please contact us on.
WhatsApp – +61424592852
Note: To the best of our ability, we give all information in a correct manner, although errors are possible. We cannot guarantee that this information is accurate, complete, or current.